• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Monday, December 1, 2025
  • Login
Afrimarknews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • News Africa
    • Economy
    • Health
    • Sports
  • Politics
  • Special Feature
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Crime and Criminalities
    • Corruption
    • Education
    • Governance
    • Entertainment
    • Insurgency
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
    • Religion
    • Technology
    • Security
  • e-Magazine
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • News Africa
    • Economy
    • Health
    • Sports
  • Politics
  • Special Feature
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Crime and Criminalities
    • Corruption
    • Education
    • Governance
    • Entertainment
    • Insurgency
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
    • Religion
    • Technology
    • Security
  • e-Magazine
No Result
View All Result
Afrimarknews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Corruption

EFCC detains 10 officers for stealing cash, gold exhibits

Afrimarknews by Afrimarknews
January 9, 2025
in Corruption
0
EFCC detains 10 officers for stealing cash, gold exhibits
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on Linkedin

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission said it has detained 10 officers over the alleged theft of operational items they could not account for.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a statement on Wednesday, the EFCC’s Head of Media and Publicity, Dele Oyewale, said the arrests followed directives from the Executive Chairman, Ola Olukoyede.

While the statement was silent on what the officers allegedly stole, findings by our correspondent revealed that the officers allegedly broke into EFCC’s exhibit room, stealing foreign currency and gold items.

A source, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity for lack of authorisation, said, “The operatives broke into the exhibit room and stole foreign currency, gold, and other exhibits.”

The development comes just days after the EFCC disclosed the dismissal of 27 personnel for involvement in fraudulent activities.

In the Wednesday statement, the EFCC’s spokesman, Oyewale, said the detention of 10 officers for alleged items theft was “part of ongoing efforts to rid the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission of corrupt practices.”

“Ten officers of the Lagos Zonal Command of the EFCC are currently being detained in connection with the investigation of some missing operational items involving them.

ADVERTISEMENT

“These officers, who were arrested last week on the directives of the Executive Chairman, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, are being questioned over the theft of items they could not account for.

“Investigators are making significant progress, and those found guilty will be subjected to internal disciplinary processes,” Oyewale said.

Meanwhile, a non-governmental organisation, Journalists Against Corruption, has commended the anti-graft agency over the dismissal of 27 of its officials for fraudulent activities and misconduct.

In a statement on Wednesday, the Project Coordinator of JAC, Kehinde Osifisan, noted that this was the first time since the agency’s establishment that such decisive action had been taken against erring officers.

He said, “Since its inception in 2002, this is the first time that the commission will sack 27 members of staff in one fell swoop for fraudulent activities and misconduct.

“It speaks to the commitment of the Ola Olukoyede-led management to rid the commission of bad eggs. Indeed, a classic case of matching words with actions,” Osifisan said.

The group commended the leadership of the EFCC and urged it not to rest on its oars as the commission and its officials were expected to live above board in the fight against corruption.

“We do hope that this singular action will serve as a check on other staff of the commission and make them eschew any form of fraudulent act or misconduct.”

By Solomon Odeniyi and Gbenga Oloniniran  @ThePUNCH

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

20 Nigerian words now added to Oxford Dictionary

Next Post

FG to take over Almajiri schools

Afrimarknews

Afrimarknews

Next Post
FG to take over Almajiri schools

FG to take over Almajiri schools

ADVERTISEMENT

Follow Us On Facebook

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Fed Govt launches digital cards for farmers, others

Fed Govt launches digital cards for farmers, others

January 20, 2025
NASS Optimistic On Quick Passage Of New Minimum Wage

NASS Optimistic On Quick Passage Of New Minimum Wage

July 9, 2024
CAF Player of the Year: Victor Osimhen Congratulates Ademola Lookman On His Winning

CAF Player of the Year: Victor Osimhen Congratulates Ademola Lookman On His Winning

December 18, 2024
Bello Turgi’s MRAP ‘capture’

Bello Turgi’s MRAP ‘capture’

September 9, 2024
Adeboye At 82: 10 Things You May Probably Like To Know About RCCG General Overseer

Adeboye At 82: 10 Things You May Probably Like To Know About RCCG General Overseer

2

Another Big Apartment Project Slated for Broad Ripple Company

0

Patricia Urquiola Coats Transparent Glas Tables for Livings

0

Ambrose Seeks Offers on Downtown Building for Apartments

0
Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

November 27, 2025
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

November 27, 2025
Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

November 27, 2025

The War Of Interest: President Trump’s Parable:

November 27, 2025

Recent News

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

November 27, 2025
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

November 27, 2025
Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

November 27, 2025

The War Of Interest: President Trump’s Parable:

November 27, 2025
Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
ADVERTISEMENT

Your online News Magazine focused on bringing you original news in Nigeria and around the globe

Browse by Category

Recent News

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

November 27, 2025
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

November 27, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Afrimarknews - Your online News Magazine Designed by Lamarkre8ives.

No Result
View All Result

© 2024 Afrimarknews - Your online News Magazine Designed by Lamarkre8ives.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In