• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Monday, December 1, 2025
  • Login
Afrimarknews
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
    • News Africa
    • Economy
    • Health
    • Sports
  • Politics
  • Special Feature
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Crime and Criminalities
    • Corruption
    • Education
    • Governance
    • Entertainment
    • Insurgency
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
    • Religion
    • Technology
    • Security
  • e-Magazine
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • News Africa
    • Economy
    • Health
    • Sports
  • Politics
  • Special Feature
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Crime and Criminalities
    • Corruption
    • Education
    • Governance
    • Entertainment
    • Insurgency
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
    • Religion
    • Technology
    • Security
  • e-Magazine
No Result
View All Result
Afrimarknews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Politics

Adebayo denies rift in SDP, says party running peacefully

Afrimarknews by Afrimarknews
May 25, 2025
in Politics
0
Adebayo denies rift in SDP, says party running peacefully
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare on Linkedin

The party’s presidential candidate in the 2023 elections, Prince Adewole Adebayo, has debunked rumours of a rift in the party, stressing that it is running normally and peacefully.

ADVERTISEMENT

A few days ago, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Araba Rufus Aiyenigba, had announced in a statement that three vacant positions of Deputy National Chairman (South), Deputy National Chairman (North) and National Financial Secretary had been filled.

The trio of Ugochukwu Ubah, Alhaji Shehu Musa and Bello Ado Hussain were appointed to fill the three vacant positions.

However, two days after the appointment, the national chairman, Alhaji Shehu Musa Gabam, who presided over the meeting where the appointments were made, issued a statement denying that such a thing ever happened.

Following the conflicting statements from both the Aiyenigba and Gabam, there have been reports that crisis has erupted in the party.

But Adebayo has described what happened as a minor disagreement which is being handled internally among the members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party.

Speaking in an interview, he stressed that what ordinarily should not be an issue is gaining unnecessary attention because politicians have started politicking two years before the next general election.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t see any crisis in particular. The party is running normally. Now that many people are starting early to talk about 2027, there’s a kind of unusual attention paid to something that’s a simple matter. We have not started using the word crisis,” he said.

“I think there was a meeting of the NWC. There were 12 of them. They are supposed to be 15. From what we gathered from both sides of the discussion, 11 people attended, including the chairman, secretary and all the rest of them.

“Now, the majority of them said they took a decision to fill three positions in the NWC and I think there is a minority that said they were not happy with that decision.

“But I am not getting involved in that because I’m not a member of the NWC and no member of the NWC has come out to speak. So, I think they’re trying to work it out among themselves.”

He urged Nigerians to be cautious of the source of information they believe, stressing that most of the information about the raging crisis in the party emanated from the wrong sources.

He added: “Most of the comments you get are coming from people who are not in leadership. Some who have just joined the party like to hug the media, but I can tell you, even in this latest discussion, the national chairman has been quite mature.

“He has not issued any statement. The national secretary has also been quite mature. He has not issued any statement and I think from what I gathered, they are working things out.

“The NWC is the most active organ of the party, and at our convention, they were given powers to make decisions on behalf of the convention, pending convention, and on behalf of the NEC, pending NEC.

“So, I think they will work it out. It’s an intra-NWC discussion and they are not telling outsiders what they disagree about. But, I think they made a decision and they are working on it.”

By : Onyedika Agbedo  @TheGuardian

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

ActionAid Nigeria condemns criminal charges against Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan

Next Post

Badaru: Insecurity and ignorant critics

Afrimarknews

Afrimarknews

Next Post
Badaru: Insecurity and ignorant critics

Badaru: Insecurity and ignorant critics

ADVERTISEMENT

Follow Us On Facebook

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Fed Govt launches digital cards for farmers, others

Fed Govt launches digital cards for farmers, others

January 20, 2025
NASS Optimistic On Quick Passage Of New Minimum Wage

NASS Optimistic On Quick Passage Of New Minimum Wage

July 9, 2024
CAF Player of the Year: Victor Osimhen Congratulates Ademola Lookman On His Winning

CAF Player of the Year: Victor Osimhen Congratulates Ademola Lookman On His Winning

December 18, 2024
Bello Turgi’s MRAP ‘capture’

Bello Turgi’s MRAP ‘capture’

September 9, 2024
Adeboye At 82: 10 Things You May Probably Like To Know About RCCG General Overseer

Adeboye At 82: 10 Things You May Probably Like To Know About RCCG General Overseer

2

Another Big Apartment Project Slated for Broad Ripple Company

0

Patricia Urquiola Coats Transparent Glas Tables for Livings

0

Ambrose Seeks Offers on Downtown Building for Apartments

0
Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

November 27, 2025
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

November 27, 2025
Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

November 27, 2025

The War Of Interest: President Trump’s Parable:

November 27, 2025

Recent News

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

November 27, 2025
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

November 27, 2025
Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

Holding the Nigerian Government Accountable for Unlawful Killing of Citizens

November 27, 2025

The War Of Interest: President Trump’s Parable:

November 27, 2025
Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
ADVERTISEMENT

Your online News Magazine focused on bringing you original news in Nigeria and around the globe

Browse by Category

Recent News

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

Statement on Christian Genocide in Nigeria by U.S Secretary of War Pete Hegseth’s :

November 27, 2025
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security Emergency, Orders Massive Police, Army Recruitments

November 27, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Afrimarknews - Your online News Magazine Designed by Lamarkre8ives.

No Result
View All Result

© 2024 Afrimarknews - Your online News Magazine Designed by Lamarkre8ives.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In